November 14th-18th, 2022
The workshop is a part of a semester long program Algebraic Geometry with Applications to TEnsors and Secants (AGATES). The workshop main subject will be algebraic complexity theory. Possible topics involve computational aspects of finding tensor rank and border rank, bilinear complexity and matrix multiplication tensor.
- Josh Alman online talk, (Columbia University, New York)
- Markus Bläser (Saarland University)
- Peter Buergisser (The Technical University of Berlin)
- Austin Conner (Harvard University, Boston)
- Alperen Ergur, online talk (University of Texas at San Antonio)
- Michael Forbes (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) - cancelled
- Fulvio Gesmundo (Saarland University)
- Christian Ikenmeyer (University of Liverpool), slides
- Gorav Jindal, (Max Planck Institute for Software Systems)
- Rima Khouja (Institute Élie Cartan de Loraine, France), slides
- Andreas Kretschmer (OvGU Magdeburg), slides
- Julia Lindberg (Max Planck Institute in Leipzig), slides
- Bernard Mourrain (INRIA, Sophia Antipolis Méditerranée), slides
- Harold Nieuwboer (University of Amsterdam)
- Greta Panova, online talk (University of Southern California, Los Angeles)
- Philipp Reichenbach (Technical University of Berlin), slides
- Filip Rupniewski (Universität Bern)
- Tim Seynnaeve, KU Leuven
- Simon Telen (Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, Amsterdam), slides
- Andre Uschmajew (University of Augsburg)
- Ke Ye, (Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Weronika Buczyńska (University of Warsaw, Poland)
- Fulvio Gesmundo (Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany)
- Nick Vannieuwenhoven (KU Leuven, Belgium)
The workshop takes place at Institute of Mathematics of Polish Academy of Sciences (IMPAN). The address is Śniadeckich 8, 00-656 Warsaw, Poland.
Participants should reserve their accommodation on their own. Some hints on the options will be available on the AGATES main page at a later date.
|9:30 – 10:00||Meeting / Intro||Seynnaeve||Bläser||Panova||Ke Ye|
|10:00 – 10:30||Ikenmeyer||Seynnaeve||Bläser||Panova||Ke Ye|
|10:30 – 11:00||Ikenmeyer||Coffee||Coffee||Coffee||Coffee|
|11:00 – 11:30||Coffee||Telen||Mourrain||Uschmajew||Jindal|
|11:30 – 12:00||Khouja||Telen||Mourrain||Uschmajew||Jindal|
|12:00 – 12:30||Khouja||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|12:30 – 14:00||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|14:00 – 15:00
|15:00 – 15:30||Coffee||Coffee||Coffee||Coffee|
|15:30 – 16:00||Lindberg||Ergur||Alman||Rupniewski|
|16:00 – 16:30||Kretschmer||Ergur||Alman||Nieuwboer|
|18:00 – 21:00||Conference dinner at IMPAN|
To register, please fill in the AGATES registration form, indicating that you plan to attend the workshop in the section "Interest in events".
Financial support and institutions involved
- IDUB thematic research program of University of Warsaw,
- Banach Center,
- National Science Center of Poland.
The workshop is a part of a semester long program Algebraic Geometry with Applications to TEnsors and Secants (AGATES), which is supported by the Simons Foundation and by Institute of Mathematics of Polish Academy of Sciences.